Hearty Dinners/Evening Meals
Wow a whopping 114 marbles gone forever at BEEWEIGHED this week. Amazing weight losses and lots of weight loss certificates and charms received.
Well done to each and every one of you. Weight Loss Awards went to :-
Super Sevens – Emily, Peter, Angela, Sharon, Doris, Jamie, Joanne and Sharon S.
(APOLOGIES FOR SOME OF THE PICS BEING LANDSCAPE!, WI-FI HERE IN SPAIN ISN’T THE BEST AND KEEPS FREEZING WHEN I TRY AND CHANGE – WILL SORT WHEN I GET HOME) 🙂
Gemma got her stone and Lisa got her 1 1/2 stone and her Fab 5% – everyone received their respective certificate and charms.
Three SLIMMER OF THE WEEKS – meeting one Gemma and Helen and meeting two it went to Lisa.
We got talking about how the weather has changed and our bodies need more fuel (food), lots of lovely hearty dinners were shared.
- Keep your meals interesting so you don’t get bored. Add lots of colour to your plate. Different colour foods have different health benefits.•Red – Vitamin C, A, Potassium and antioxidants.
- Yellow/Orange – Vitamins C, A and Potassium and can also boos the immune system and enhance vision
- Green – Lots of heart protective potassium, Vitamin K, aids blood clotting process. Help maintain vision, health, strong bones and teeth.
- Blue/Purple – Boost urinary tract health and memory function and promote healthy aging.Mushrooms, bananas, onions and other WHITE fruits and vegs are good for the heart and help to control cholesterol levels.
- Don’t be a creature of habit and have the same meals – you will get bored and could fall off track
- Experiment – keep it interesting and you are less likely to get bored and more likely to stay on track.
- Have a glass of water before your meal
- Use a smaller plate
If really hungry have a bowl of low calorie soup to take the edge off, this will stop you overindulging on your main meal.
- Fill half your plate with vegetables, 1/4 with protein and 1/4 with carbohydrates