BEING ORGANISED AND PLANNING MEALS CAN PLAY A VITAL PART IN STAYING FOCUSED!
Across all four meetings a total of 96 marbles were lost, 43lbs gone forever! A big well done everyone. Welcome to the new members Sylvester, Marsha and Zara.
Special mentions to Mona, Suzie, Sarah and Dee all got their SUPER SEVENS! – Amazing ladies, keep up the good work.
Helen and Peter got their stone awards – (Peter’s pic will be on next week’s blog). – Well done you two.
Slimmer of the Week awards this week went to:-
- Levenshulme – Dee
- Denton – Corinna and Leanne
- Didsbury – Ann
Keep up the good work everyone!!!
A few weeks ago we were discussing dealing with boredom and members came up with all sorts of ideas to keep occupied, one being knitting. Christina has been busy making hats to keep her occupied, she has made lots of designs – she made me this lovely bee one, if you want a specific theme I’m sure she will accommodate, send her a message on the Facebook Group – Christina Lord.
This week’s topic we discussed Planning meals, being organised and shopping:
- Never go shopping hungry – always have a small snack at least to avoid buying lots of foods you don’t need.
- Make a list of the foods you need for the week and go shopping or online shopping – ensure you stick to the list!
- Avoid the danger aisles – whether that be the chocolate, biscuit or snacks aisles.
- Plan your meals for the week or at least your main meal
- Prepping – whether int he evening or at the weekends, will be sure to set you up for a great week. Try making extra when you’re cooking family meals so you can save leftovers for lunch.
- Batch cook – always have something in the freezer prepared to have, to avoid being tempted to grabbing something with high calorific value.
- Don’t fall into the BOGOF offers – as much as they’re a good offer they will be in the house and eventually have to be eaten – could be too much temptation.
- If you’re having a night out – prepare a FAKE AWAY to have when you get in – instead of a high calorific take away.