We all know lack of sleep can leave us feeling grumpy and lethargic. There are many ways in which a bad night’s sleep can impact our health, including our waistline!
This week we discussed tips and certain foods you should be eating to ensure you get a good nights sleep that can ultimately lead to being more focused on
We discussed SLEEPING and how we feel when we have had a bad night’s sleep:-
- Not organised
- Don’t want to prepare meals
- Ultimately don’t want to stick to plan
Reasons for not sleeping varied from things on mind, stress, children amongst a few. Some tips that can help you get a good nights sleep:-
- If things are on your mind write them down – it is meant to help you put them out of your mind and your mind is clear for the night ahead.
- Be organised if you have things to do the following day, try and get as much done the night before.
- Prepare your clothes you are wearing the night before.
- Use meditation apps, there are many sleeping apps that can really help you nod off.
- Read before bed.
- Don’t take your phone to bed, or have it on the other side of the room if you use it as an alarm.
- Exercise can really help if things are on your mind and clear your head so it leaves your mind clear to sleep more easily.
Foods and drinks that can help:-
- Potassium – Bananas – Potassium is linked to better quality sleep
- Chamomile or green tea or even decaffeinated tea before bed can help you relax
- Tuna is a great source of selenium – this plays a role in the functioning of the thyroid gland which helps control sleep patterns
- Cows milk yogurt – or even a glass of skimmed milk can help before you go to bed. This is commonly used to help promote a better nights sleep.
- Eggs – the yolks are a good source of vitamin D. If you have a deficiency of Vitamin D this can lead to less sleep.
- Spinach and green leafy vegetables contain magnesium. A deficiency in magnesium can play a role in insomnia.
THIS WEEK’s RESULTS (all meetings)
❤️Denton darlings lost a whopping 80 marbles! We welcomed new never Rita. Special mentions…. Janet and Sue got their super seven awards. Sue also got slimmer of the week too!!👏👏👏
❤️Remote members Kate and Theresa got their super seven awards!👏👏👏. Theresa also got her fab five % too!💪💪
🎯🎯Nicola Jones getting to target after losing a massive 18lbs!🎯🎯
Helen Ruth got her stone award!💪💪
Dom – 2lb
Lindsay Bottomley – holidays slight gain
Joanna Powell – 1lb
Theresa – 2lb!
Nicola Chadwick – 3lb
Sarah and Tony little gains but are going for it this week!!
Helen S – 1lb
Kirstylyn – 2lb
Pat and Eric in holiday
Sue Cooper in Devon 🌞
❤️Massive well done to lovely Longsight members a massive 29 marbles gone. 💨👍🏼💨👏👏
Special mentions Bonnie and Jenna Gleave got their super seven awards and Slimmers of the week went to Jenna and Guy. 👍🏼👏
Have a fantastic week everyone xx
Have a fantastic week everyone, be sure to be getting plenty of sleep to help keep you focused!