Ways to Enjoy BBQ Season Without Gaining Weight
Barbecued food can be a great choice if you’re trying to lose weight, as it’s cooked in a similar way to grilling. That means you don’t need to add oil to the food – just the barbecue rack! On the downside, most barbecues involve an abundance of food and drink, so it’s easy to overindulge.
Summer celebrations offer a chance to socialize and treat yourself — and that’s not a bad thing! But if you’re watching what you eat, whether for nutrition, weight loss, or both here’s some tips to stay focused during BBQ season.
- Always Start With Vegetables. Yes, just like mom and dad used to say, you should eat your veggies first.
- Consider Fish, Poultry or Veggie Burgers.
- Watch Your Condiments. If you’re attending a BBQ you don’t know if they’re using low fat alternatives, take your own to be safe!
- Bring Your Own Side Dishes. That way you’re staying in control.
- Opt for Fresh Fruit Desserts.
- Use the one drink of water to one drink of alcohol rule – reduces cals and helps hangover!
- Or better still offer to drive.
- Choose low fat coleslaw and potato salad options.
- Have your burger unless – pile up on the salad.
- Eat Well and Enjoy Yourself.
KEEP YOUR WHY CLOSE BY!