Eating Out & Staying on Plan
Topic this week was eating out and managing to stay on plan, with imminent Valentines Day coming up only a small handful said they celebrated but we still discussed the obstacles we face when going out for meals so we discussed various tips and ideas to deal with situations.
- Plan ahead – Check the menu online, see what the healthiest choices are, contact them and ask if they can cook a certain way for you.
- You choose the restaurant – that way you can choose the healthiest choice and still be part of the celebrations.
- Make a meal out of side dishes.
- Take your own low calorie dressings with you or ask for them to be in a separate bowl so you can control how much you put on.
- Don’t limit to what you see on the menu, ask for grilled options – ask for it to be cooked a certain way – you’re paying for it!
- Order first – that way you won’t be tempted to choose what others choose!
- Eat slowly and drink before and during your meal.
- Have two courses – either avoid dessert or the starter to reduce your intake.
- Choose tomato based dishes as opposed to creamy ones.
- Request less oil or no oil if possible.
- Alcohol – alternate with glasses of water.
Also we discussed receiving gifts for Valentines Day – if you do participate request non calorific gifts – no alcohol or chocolate!!!
This week’s successes:
A total 218 marbles were lost across all meetings (59lbs!!). Massive well done everyone. Special mentions:-
- Super sevens went to Michael, Arlene, Karen, Anne, Georgia. Sian and Chris.
- Babs and Deborah got their stone awards
- Slimmers of the week went to Jason, Beth, Babs, Michelle. Deborah, Georgia, Val, Tania and Ann.
HAVE A FAB WEEK EVERYONE