Top Dieting Tips
Top tips when dieting and the benefits of losing 10% of your body weight
We discussed the benefits of losing 10% of your body weight also top tips when dieting.
There are many benefits to your body when losing 10% of your body weight including:-
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Less strain on your joints
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Improved mobility
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Decreased risk of certain types of cancers
- Decreased risk of heart disease
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of osteoarthiritis
- Improved sugar levels
- Looking 10% smaller!!
We also discussed Ten Top Tips to Stay on Track
- Don’t class foods as good or bad, have all foods but in moderation
- Never cut out your whole food groups – again have them in moderation and count them in your daily alliances
- A slip doesn’t have to become a slide, if you do over indulge, draw a line under it and get straight back on track.
- Eat smarter not less – fill up on high density foods, such as fruit and vegetables. Be aiming to fill half your plate with vegetables.
- Plan – know what you’re having at least a day in front – if not a week! Failing to plan is planning to fail!
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day – 8 x 250ml glasses. Why not invest in a tracking or fruition water bottle?
- Find an exercise you actually enjoy so it isn’t a chore, It should be fun
- Aim to exercise more than you did before. For example if you normally to 8k steps a day aim to increase to 10k
- Always fill your Tracker or App in – Nutracheck is BEEWEIGHED’s recommenced app
- Set yourself mini goals, i.e. every 7lb and when achieved reward yourself with something that is non-edible.
Awards and successes this week….
👏 Denton meeting lost 80 marbles!We welcomed new members, Carol, Abi, Melanie, Ruth, Sandra and Charlotte. Have a great first week ladies💪💪💪
Special mentions: Jane Abdoh got her fab five award, Claire got her super seven, Slimmer of the week went to Jacqui Kirby and last but definitely not least the lovely Lynn Mainwaring got to her target after losing 21lbs. Massive well done 👏
👏Longsight members lost 53 marbles!
We welcomed new members Jenna Gleave who has moved over from Zoom meetings and Tracy too.🐝
🥇Slimmer of the week went to Karen Warke – she was surprised to say the least! Have the best week ever everyone xxx💪💪
REMOTE/VIRTUAL and EXPRESS weigh ins…..
38 marbles lost!
- 🏅Helen Ruth – super seven
- 👏Helen Smith – 3lb
- 👏Dom – 2lb
- 👏Jacquie – 3 1/2lb
- 👏Johanna – 1lb
- 👏Theresa Outram Plaiter – 1/2lb
- 👏Helen Ruth – 7lb
👏Joanne Dewar – 2lb
- Maintains/no WI
- 💪Rachael Berrisford
- 💪Sue Cooper
- 💪Nicola Jones
- 💪Sharon Holt
- ☹️Kirsty and Pat had little gains
Have the best week ever everyone xx