Water is an important part of all body functions and processes, including digestion and elimination. When you’re on a diet, water also acts as a weight-loss aid because it can help you eat less. “Drinking water is important during weight loss because it provides hydration without unwanted calories.
Drinking water may be the most important piece to the weight loss puzzle. Before we learn the role water has in dieting, let us briefly go over the importance of water for our body in general. Water helps eliminate toxins through urination, carries nutrients to cells and prevents dehydration. The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently and water helps the body metabolize and burn fat. Water plays a major role in how every single cell, tissue and organ in our body operates and is important to almost every bodily function.
- Add flavour/sugar free cordial or a squeezy water flavouring
- Drink a glass at every bathroom visit
- Have a glass before every meal
- Use an App to track your glasses
- Invest in a Tracking water bottle
- Always keep plenty cold in the fridge
- Alternate Tea/Coffee drinks with a glass of water
- Choose sparkling or mineral water over your diet fizzy drinks
- Invest in a water filter
- Eat water rich foods
- On-to-one rule when drinking alcohol
- Every time you empty your water bottle, fill it back up
- Have water bottles filled up around the house, in the car and in your bag
- Drink a glass of water every time you are waiting for the kettle to boil
When your body is not getting enough water it holds on to what it has, resulting in water retention. As a simple survival mechanism your body has a tendency to hold onto and store what it doesn’t think it will get in the future. Once your body recognizes that it is getting a steady supply of water it will release the water weight it has been holding. Water weight is stored in your waist, face, and ankles and is released when there is no longer a reason for your body to store it.
Water contains no calories, fat, or cholesterol and is low in sodium. It is nature’s appetite suppressant.
Meeting success this week
Across all five meetings a total of 192 marbles lost forever. We welcomed new member Helena! Special mentions….
Shanon reached her target weight after losing a massive 19lbs. She looks amazing!! BIG WELL DONE!!!
- Super Sevens – Vicky, Diane and Allison
- Stone award – Kirsty
- 25lb award – Sarah M
- Slimmer of the week – Vicky, Andrea, Lisa M, Jean, Kath and Helen