INCREASING YOUR ACTIVITY
INCREASING YOUR ACTIVITY/EXERCISE
If your goal is to lose weight, then you should be aiming to do a bit more than you usually do to help burn some extra calories – the more the better, within reason. But there’s no perfect amount that will help you lose weight, it’s just any activity you can do to burn more calories will help.
But when it comes to weight loss, diet is this biggest factor, so getting the right level of calories for weight loss is important. As they say, it takes 30 seconds to eat a cream cake, but about 20 minutes to run it off!
The most important thing is progression. You should stick with an exercise routine for about 6-8 weeks and then increase this in some way – either through increasing intensity or duration. This is because our bodies adapt and become more efficient, so activities that once burned 200 calories, would only burn 100 (as a simplified example!).
So in the case of walking, if you did say 3 hour long walks a week. After a period of time you would need to increase this to say 4 walks a week, or 3 1 and a half hour long walks. Or even include some hills and up the intensity. Walking can be a great way to burn calories, it’s just important to progress it if you want it to help with weight loss.
INCREASING STEPS/SMALL CHANGES ADD UP!
- When making a brew or you’re on your phone – walk around the room or up and down the stairs
- When watching television during the adverts run up and down the stairs
- At the supermarket park as far as possible
- Take the stairs not the lift
- Walk in your lunch hour
- Make your chores/house work a workout
- Take the dog on longer walks or even more frequently
- Get off the bus a stop earlier and walk
- Dance like no one is watching!
- Do Lucy Wyndham Read or other YouTube exercise videos – only 7/10 mins each day
This week at BEEWEIGHED
The new meeting at Trafford General Hospital was opened and we welcomed 11 new members – wishing everyone well on their first weigh in tomorrow (Monday). We lost a total of 327 marbles this week. New members Guy, Mitch, Jade, Sarah, Karen, Tony, Val, Sian and Chris and lots of returning members too. Have a fab week everyone.
- Sarah got her stone and a half award
- Allison received her 1 stone award
- Gina has not lost ten % of her body weight so achieved her terrific ten %
- Slimmers of the week went to; Fiona, Angela, Deborah, Kerstin, Sarah, Lisa and Tania.