Making sure you’re getting enough fibre
When do you think of fibre as exciting? Yeah, that would be never. But these benefits may help change your mind.
Here are 10 health benefits of fiber to encourage you get your fill.
- HELPS LOSE WEIGHTS
- ONCE AT TARGET IT CAN HELP YOU MAINTAIN YOUR WEIGHT
- CUT TYPE 2 DIABETES RISK
- LOWER ODDS OF HEART DISEASE
- HEALTHIER GUT BACTERIA
- REDUCE THE RISK OF CERTAIN CANCERS
- LIVER LONGER!
- ALL DAY NATURAL DETOX
- BE MORE, WELL…. REGULAR!
- HAVE HEALTHIER BONES]
Tips for getting more fibre in your day
- ALWAYS choose wholegrain – so wholemeal bread, brown rice, wholewheat pasta.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, with their skin on.
- Include more pulses in your diet (pulses include all beans, peas and lentils)
- Aim For 30g fibre per day!
- It’s tricky to quantify how much fibre a dinner should contain as it depends what else you’ve eaten that day, but aiming for at least 7.5g of fibre at dinner time along with 2 other high fibre snacks and meals should bring you close to your 30g per day target.
This week across all five meetings a total of 159 marbles were lost. We welcomed new members Leeanne and Gina, have a great first week ladies.
- Helen and Kath got their stone awards
- Slimmers of the week went to Lorraine, Colleen, Joanne, Sharon, Claire,Jean, Sarah and Kirsty
MASSIVE WELL DONE everyone!