WEEK 41 – TASTY DINNER IDEAS
The majority of my members save most of their daily allowances for your evening meal. This week the members shared their OWN favourite dinner recipes.
CHICKEN OR VEGGIE CURRY
- 200g Chicken or Quorn Fry Light
- Onion Peppers
- Garlic Tin Tomatoes
- Curry Powder Tomato Puree
- Chillis Basmati Rice
Fry Chicken or Quorn, onions, peppers with spray light until cooked, add tomato puree, garlic, curry powder and chillis, simmer for 5 mins, add tin tomatoes and simmer for 15 mins. Serve with basmati rice.
DONNER KEBAB & SWEDE CHIPS
Kebab – 5% minced beef with sweated onions and garlic, chucked in the blender with an egg for binding some kebab seasoning I bought off Amazon. Pat it down in a loaf tin and bake in the oven for approx. 30 mins (depending on how much meat you use). Use coleslaw mix rather than salad in the pitta it’s more authentic that way.
CHIPS – Put a full swede in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, peel and chop into chips. Spray with spray light and season with chip seasoning. Cook in a hot over for 20-25 minutes.
JAMAICAN JERK MUSHROOM LINGUINE
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- Cup of sliced baby mushrooms
- ½ can light coconut milk
- ½ tsb Goya (Adoba) seasoning
- ½ chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Jerk seasoning
- 2 spring onions to add at end
- 100g cooked Linguine noodles
- Serves 2 – 450 cals per serving
Season mushroom with 1 tbsp soy sauce and ½ tsp Goya (Adobe) seasoning and let it marinate for approx. 20 minutes. Saute red onion, garlic and jerk seasoning in spray oil for about 3 minutes then add 3 tbsp coconut milk and cover for 3 minutes. Add all dente noodles and combine everything together, while adding more coconut milk to get it nice and creamy. Turn heat down cut the spring onions, flip the pasta a bit and put onions on top.
HEALTHY SUNDAY ROAST
Making a healthy roast can be easy, it doesn’t have to be laden with calories and fat.
- Cut all visible fat off meat.
- Boil vegetables don’t add butter.
- Use skimmed milk for mashing potatoes.
- Frylight on roast potatoes instead of meat fat/goose fat
- Instant gravy without using the meat fat
Across all five meetings this week a total of 177 marbles have gone FOREVER!!!
- Slimmers of the week went to Lorraine, Jacqui S
- Kirsty got her stone award
- Lisa M got her super seven