Exercise – Making Commitments
We recapped on last week’s topic – how to increase activity without thinking about it, so following on from that we discussed benefits of exercising:-
- Makes you feel happier – the feel good factor
- Can help with with weight loss and tones you
- Increases your energy levels
- Skin looks better
- Helps with relaxation
- Boosts sleep quality
Make exercising fun! Make sure you do an exercise that you enjoy, you’re more likely to stick at it.
- Go with a friend
- Join a class – meet new friends
- Exercise whilst listening to music
- Record your achievements/progress
- Exercise whilst watching TV
- Walk around whilst talking on your phone
- Run up and down the stairs during adverts
- Make your housework a workout
- If you’ve got a dog – walk it more or for longer
We discussed exercises excuses and came up with solutions
- No time – we all can make time even if just two 30 min walks in the week is better than doing nothing at all – we touched on the amount of time the majority of us spend on the phone – so we can all make time.
- Too much pain – Try different types of exercises, there’s always alternatives that can be done.
- It’s boring – try different exercises, if you don’t like a certain type of class try another, try swimming, power walking, dancing you’ll soon find one that gives you the ‘feel good factor’.
- Costs too much – do it at home, lots of workouts on YouTube – don’t cost anything. Walking – a good power walk burns more calories than jogging!
- I’ll start tomorrow – TOMORROW NEVER COMES – get your comfy shoes on and start today!!
- The key is to do more than you did before – I asked you all to make a commitment this week and write it on your weekly handout – I’ll be asking you next week how you all got on.
Many members regularly use various youtube video workouts. Some are as little as only 7 mins long, such as Lucy Wyndham Read. Give one a go! Shut your curtains and exercise like no one is watching!!
This week’s successes💪💪
Denton darlings lost a massive 104 marbles. We welcomed new members, Sheila, Charlotte, Elaine and it was nice to see Liz Fogg back too!
🙌Chrissie Crompton got her super seven and stone award (she should have got the seven two weeks ago!)
💪Michelle, Carol, Charlotte and Sandra got their super seven awards
👍🏼Slimmers of the week went to Sandra and Carol.
🤩Longsight lovelies had some fantastic results, 64 marbles!!! Special mentions….
Karen Warke and Tracy Kehoe got their super seven awards.🤪
Slimmers of the week went to Suzie Dennis and Karen. 😀
Special mention to 😚Jenna Gleave for going away for the weekend and still losing 1lb. 👍🏼
I also did a special well done to Tracy 😎who lost a massive 8 1/2 in two weeks (she was away last week) 💪💪💪
REMOTE/VIRTUAL and EXPRESS weigh ins…..
46 marbles lost!
💎 New zoom member
👏Helen Smith – 1lb
👏Jacquie Russell – 2lb
👏Jacquie – 3 1/2lb
👏Theresa Outram Plaiter – 1/2lb
👏Lynn Mainwaring – 1lb
👏Pat Crosthwaite – 5lb
👏Eric – 9lb
👏Sharon Holt – 2lb
👏kirsty – 1lb
👏Helen – 2lb
Have a fantastic week everyone!!